Postion: Teacher, 1st grade
Favorite book/movie series:
Harry Potter! It never gets old watching them over and over again.
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: August of 2009. This is my 6th year.
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: Graduated from Concordia University, Seward, NE with a BS in Elementary Education and a concentration in music in May 2009. Also Graduate from Fort Hays State University with a Master's of Education as a Reading Specialist in July 2014.
- Q: When did you decide to become a teacher and why did you choose this field?
- A: I actually decided to become a teacher when I was in 1st grade. I loved school so much and everyday I would come home and play school. I am the youngest in my family and had always wanted a younger sibling which made me really love working with children. Teaching was really the only career ever on my radar!
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: I love working at Trinity because we have a wonderful, family-like culture. We are a small school that we all know and care about one another. This includes both the students and the staff. Trinity is really like a 2nd family where we are able to pray together, laugh together, cry together, and worship together.
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: I would love to be a tight rope walker in the Trinity Circus because they get to wear fancy outfits and twirl a parasol while on the tight rope!
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: When I was growing up, Friday night was always pizza night! I have even convinced my husband to carry on the tradition - most Fridays. we have pizza (homemade, frozen, take-n-bake, carry out, (it doesn't really matter), nachos and cheese, carrots and a nice, tall glass of ice cold milk to top it off! I would eat that meal everyday if I could!
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: My favorite books would have to be Harry Potter series! It nevers gets old watching them over and over again! One of my favorites movies is Elf. I can watch it over and over again and laugh like it is the first time I have ever seen it.
- Q: What is the most unusual place you have ever visited?
- A: On the way back home from student teaching in Arizona, my student teaching partner and I stopped in Pie Town, NM. This is a small town of almost a couple hundred people,but we heard they had great pie.They have a pie festival every year where the town grows by hundreds for the weekend. We had a slice of pie there and it WAS delicious. While we were eating, one of the waitresses asked where we were from. Long story short, she was related to a girl in my high school class and had just come back the week before from visting her! What a small world! And a strange place!
Additional information about myself:
I have been happily married to Adam since June 2013. He will graduate in May 2015 from the University of Kansas Medical Center with a degree in Physical Therapy! I also really like purple - favorite colors are important.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|Sep. 16||Purple||Peanut Butter M&Ms, Reeses, Chocolate||Water, Coke Zero||Pizza Hut, Snowball, DQ||Reading, Music|