Postion: Teacher, Preschool 3
"If you can't say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all" ~ Thumper, from "Bambi"
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: 2014-2015 school year is my 9th year.
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: I am roughly at Sophomore at Fort Hays State University and am currently working on an Early Childhood Education degree.
- Q: When did you decide to become a teacher and why did you choose this field?
- A: Nine years ago, the Teacher's Aide job became available and I was hired. The next year, the 3 yr. Preschool Teacher job became available and I enjoyed the aide position so much I decided I wanted to teach. 3 years ago I decided I wanted to earn my degree also.
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: I love being able to share Jesus and give hugs, and sometimes, even kisses. I know it sounds cliche, but, when something hurts them (the children) or happens in their family, it goes above the "I'm so sorry". Teaching is also part of it and working with our staff.
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: That's easy! A clown.
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: BBQ Pulled Pork, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Deviled eggs, and a dessert. (Now I'm hungry!)
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: The last Hobbit movie in 3D.
- Q: What is the most unusual place you have ever visited?
- A: Capulin Volcano (note: Capulin Volcano is an extinct cinder cone volcano located in New Mexico.)
- Q: What "lesson from mom" do you still live by today?
- A: If you open it, shut, if you turn it on, shut it off, and if it doesn't belong to you, don't touch it.
- Q: Who is your hero? Why?
- A: My parents. They were both abused as children, but they overcame and raised me and my brother in a loving, safe, home.
- Q: What funny talent do you have ( that you don't mind people knowing about)?
- A: Umm, just being funny?
- Q: What is your favorite quote and who said it?
- A: "If you can's say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all" from Bambi and my mother.
Additional information about myself:
I have coached Track, Girls Basketball, and Cheerleading. I am the Treasurer on the Memorial Hall Revitalization Committee.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|Nov. 24||Blue||No bake cookies, Baby Ruth, Snickers, M&Ms||Pepsi||Snoball, Subway, Pigtails & Inkwells||Angels, Flowers, KU & Chiefs|