Postion: Teacher, 7th/8th grade
Favorite Family Meal:
Any home cooked meal in which we can all sit down together and eat is my favorite!
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: 18 years
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: I graduated from K-State in December of 1995. Since August of 1997, I have been the 3rd grade teacher at Trinity. I received my Master's of Art in teaching from St Mary's University in 2000.
- Q: When did you decide to become a teacher and why did you choose this field?
- A: I honestly can't remember a time in my life that I didn't want to be a teacher! I "played" school with my friends when I was young, always enjoying making up and giving "homework"! In high school, I volunteered in a classroom, and really loved working with the children and helping them learn! I Love to see the looks in their eyes when they finally understand a concept and have an "a-ha!" moment!
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: I love being able to share my faith with students. It is great when we can pray together. I also love the stafff! We lift each other up in tough times, and laugh together all the other times!
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: I would have to say a seal. they are so adorable "clapping" for their treat, Goldfish crackers!
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: Fortunately, I didn't grow up being a picky eater, and neither are my children. So...any home cooked meal in which we can all sit down together and eat is my favorite!
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: I'm working my way through all of the John Grisham and Lisa Scottoline books. I always have a book I'm workin on!
- Q: What "lesson from mom" do you still live by today?
- A: Your quality of life depends on the choices you make.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|July 21||Purple||Goldfish crackers, fruit, Dove Chocolate||water. Unsweetened tea, diet coke||Pizza Hut, DQ, Subway, Kohls, Any||Flower gardens, reading, snowmen|