"The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving." ~Oliver Wendall Homes.
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: First Year 2014-2015 school year.
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: My career began as a 3rd grade teacher in Holton, Ks. I was promoted to elementary principal and continued in 2 other districts as elementary principal. I took a job in the Coffeyville KS public schools as Curriculum Director in 1999 and then to Augusta, KS where I served as Assistant Superintendent. Coming back to Northeast KS I retired as Elementary Principal of Atchison County School District then took this position of principal the summer of 2014. I have a Bachelor and Masters Degree of Education from Kansas State University and my Superintendent's endorsement from Pittsburg State University.
- Q: When did you decide to work in education and why did you choose this field?
- A: I choose the field of education when I went to Kansas State University thinking I was going to be a music teacher. I switched my major after my sophomore year to elementary education. Working with children was always very fulfilling.
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: The staff is awesome! So dedicated and passionate about wanting the best for our students. The familes are great partners in their children's education and provide support for their success. And certainly I love working with our students!
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: Ring Master ...hah!
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: Fried Chicken, rice with chicken gravy, green peas, and waldorf salad.
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: Reading "Crazy Like a Fox" Pastor Ziegler lent it to me...about an urban Native American school in chicago.
- Q: What is the most unusual place you have ever visited?
- A: Hong Kong
- Q: What "lesson from mom" do you still live by today?
- A: Be a true friend.
- Q: Who is your hero? Why?
- A: My father; accomplished so much coming from so little.
- Q: What is your favorite quote and who said it?
- A: "The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving." ~Oliver Wendall Homes.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|Sep. 19||Blue & Purple||Chocolate, animal crackers, fruit||Coffee, no pop||Willies, DQ, Any||KSU, Shopping & Travel|