Postion: Teacher, 5th/6th grade
I love watching mysteries on TV and in the movies too. I like to try figuring out "who done it?" before the end comes.
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: 18 years.
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: I graduated from the University of Kansas in 1991 with a Bachelors of Science in Education. I earned a colloquy, Lutheran teacher's certificate in 2007 from Concordia University, Seward, NE
- Q: When did you decide to become a teacher and why did you choose this field?
- A: I have always loved school and children. I decided in college to pursue education as my career. I was blessed to teach here at Trinity and eventually become a rostered Lutheran teacher. I love to share my knowledge with the students and to watch them discover new things everyday.
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: I love that Trinity is a Christian school and I get to teach about Jesus everyday. I also love and respect all of our teachers and staff. I am blessed to have such wonderful colleagues.
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: I would be some kind of animal tamer. I like to be in charge. I love to teach new things to my students (animals), to see them achieve their goals, and reward their efforts.
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: I love when my family goes out to dinner together. When we are at home, something is always distracting us. When we go out, we all get to pick our meal and then enjoy having someone else bring it to us (and the clean up too). We
- can talk and laugh together while we wait and while we eat.
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: I love to read murder mysteries especially ones in a series. I like to find the first book and read through the whole series in order. I love watching mysteries on TV and in the movies too. I like to try figuring out "who done it?" before the end comes.
- Q: What is the most unusual place you have ever visited?
- A: I grew up an "army brat" so I got to live in many different places. When I was young we lived in Germany for 3 years. It was fun to live in another country. I would love to go back someday and see again all the places we visited, so I could appreciate them as an adult.
Additional information about myself:
I have been married for 23 years to my wonderful husband, Mike. We have 2 beautiful daughters. Jayne is 18 and will go off to college next year at Concordia University in Seward,NE. Mikayla is 15 and a freshman in high school.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|Dec. 2||Yellow||M&Ms & Reeses||Diet Coke||Subway, DQ||Sunflowers, KU|