Postion: Teacher, 4th grade
Favorite Lesson From Mom:
If you can't say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all.
Staff Q & A
- Q: How long have you worked at Trinity Lutheran School?
- A: Ten years
- Q: What is your educational background?
- A: B.S. Education from Missouri State College in St Joseph, Mo
- Q: When did you decide to become a teacher and why did you choose this field?
- A: When I was a teenager, I did a lot of babysitting for my firends and neighbors. I really enjoyed working with young children and teaching them new things. I decided to become a teacher so that I could work with kids. I always thought I would teach preschool or kindergarten, but somehow I ended up teaching middle school.
- Q: What do you like most about working at Trinity?
- A: I like working at Trinity because it is a small school, with a family-like atmosphere, and we can teach students about Christ.
- Q: If you could be a character in the Trinity Circus, what would you be?
- A: If I could be in the Trinity Circus I would be a clown, because they get to dress up in funny clothes, act silly, and pretend to throw water at the crowd. If I couldn't be a clown, I would be a seal because they get snacks fro doing tricks.
- Q: What is your favorite family meal (either from now or childhood)?
- A: My favorite family meal from childhood was lasagna with French Bread, lettuce salad, and corn. My mom made the best lasagna in the world.
- Q: What was the most recent movie/book you saw/read?
- A: Some of my all-time favorite movies are Rain Main, The Green Mile, and Fried Green Tomatoes. My favorite authors right now are Jodi Picoult and Liane Moriarty. As a child, I loved poetry in "Where the Sidewalk Ends".
- Q: What "lesson from mom" do you still live by today?
- A: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Additional information about myself:
I am married to the nicest guy in the world. Brian Oswalt. We will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in July. We have two sons: Jake, who is married to Becca, and Mason.
The Parent Teacher League (PTL) is frequently asked for gift ideas for the teachers and staff. To make things easier they have compiled a list of each person's birthday and favorite colors, snack and drink ideas, favorite gift certificates, and likes.
|May 14||Pink & Purple||twizzlers, snickers, tootsie Rolls||Diet Pepsi||Any Resturants, Kohls||Americana, Sunflowers, Royals|